It has been long

It has been long

poem by Saad

The poem 'It has been long' is dedicated to all people who have suffered in occupation. This is dedicated to all heroes who gave up their lives for their people, nation and faith. This is a tribute to all those who stood up with right and rejected all wrong. In this poem, poet starts at a point of time where he thinks he has been through this before, he suddenly recalls what had happened with him and what was the situation then. His nation had lost the battle but he saw his martyrs holding their banner and it seemed that they were the ones victorious. The poem ends on a note of hope that there is something more to come and one must move on to meet the destiny.

 


 

What is this feeling? I've felt before.
What is this time? I've passed before.

 

I remember the spring flowers that withered before autumn
I remember the birds that were shrouded in cotton

 

There was a cage I couldn't see
There was a maze I couldn't flee.

 

Silence had a noise I did hear
Silence was a burden some didn't bear

 

It has been long since we met
It was assumed that I was dead

 

The steps were subtle but I knew
The ground foretold a battle and lines drew

 

Many like me waited and stood still
Many fought with valour, blood spill

 

For a moment I saw them, in ranks and victorious
For some faces were shining bright, enlightened and glorious

 

With them was a banner for what they strived
With a sentence in bold in heart what thrived

 

To speak to rise for truth we die
To rise to help to slay each lie

 

We need an understanding, what's right, what's wrong
We will not forget but the destiny, requires to move on

 ____________________________________________________________

I hope this made your day :)

_________________________________________

Offers for you 


Post a Comment

0 Comments